Friday, January 7, 2011

The adventure starts... Now!

This is how you know your bad. Prior to taking this picture, I got out of my bed with a fever, headache, coughing up a lung etc. took a bunch of meds, put on a dress, my knee high boots, made myself up and went to celebrate the new year. Despite how I was feeling I refuse to let the enemy defeat me and ring in the new year complaining about my situation. I made grown up lemonade. LOL (mind you for the next 7 days I was sure my head was going to explode, but it was worth it.) I think that's part of my adventure, of our adventure, to defeat the odds regardless the circumstance..So here it is January of 2011 and for the last week I have felt numb. Being sick is no fun and if you know me and have had the honor of taking care of me then you know what I mean.

But today is a different day. So was yesterday. They were "turn around" days. What's a turn around day? It's when you get tired of being sick and tired (sometimes literally) you get dressed and you do something. SO I started to praise God. Yup starting singing to Him all up and down my stairs. While this was happening I started to thank the Father because I have a home, my life, running water and electricity, my loved ones, my health and so much more.

So what's the point of this story? Hold your britches, I'm getting there. Most of you know that this year I turn the "Thrilling Thirty," and I have complied a list of things to do this year to commemorate the grand occasion. From hand gliding to helping build a house to learning how to golf and play chess I made a list. An adventure for every month. Since I don't do new years resolutions each adventure has a goal or a purpose even if its "just because i want to try it."

This month started off kinda slow due to being sick but NOW I'm doing something. It's music month y'all! I am going to listen to an album a day and share my experience with you. My goal is to broaden my musical intellect. Music changes people. It can heal, hurt, make you think, spark the imagination. It can make you make a disgustingly sweet CD for the one you love and dedicate the the hate you song to the one who pissed you off. So let me know if you have any recommendations. I'm looking all over the place!

So excited about this journey. I'm glad you're here to share it with. So when you feel like crap, you're down, or you just honestly don't feel like it. Take my advice...."Do something!"

LOLA!

No comments:

Post a Comment